上級 698 タグ追加 保存
動画の字幕をクリックしてすぐ単語の意味を調べられます!
単語帳読み込み中…
字幕の修正報告
>>> HILLARY CLINTON IS THE MOST
CORRUPT PERSON EVER TO RUN FOR
PRESIDENT.
>> I'M REALLY -- I REALLY DON'T
CAREWHAT HE SAYS ABOUT ME, BUT I
WILL STAND UP AND DEFEND
EVERYONE ELSE WHO HE INSULTS.
>> THE ELECTION IS BEING RIGGED
BY CORRUPT MEDIA PUSHING
OUTRIGHT LIES.
>> WHEN THEY GO LOW, WE GO HIGH.
>> FROM NBC NEWS, DECISION 2016,
THE FINAL PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.
LIVE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF
NEVADA, LAS VEGAS, HERE NOW,
LESTER HOLT.
>> AND GOOD EVENING FROM LAS
VEGAS.
THE THIRD AND FINAL DEBATE
BETWEEN HILLARY CLINTON AND
DONALD TRUMP LESS THAN THREE
MINUTES AWAY.
THE BACK DROP A DAY OF SURPRISE
GUEST ANNOUNCE.
S AND CAMPAIGN STUNTS.
TRUMP IN NEED OF GAME CHANGING
MOMENT LOOKING TO RATTLE CLINTON
BEFORE THE DEBATE GETS UNDER
WAY.
THIS IS A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.
WE'RE HERE BECAUSE THERE ARE
SERIOUS ISSUES TO DISCUSS AND
SERIOUS DIFFERENCES BETWEEN
THESE TWO
I'M JOIN BY SAVANNAH GUTHRIE,
CHUCK TODD AND TOM BROKAW.
>> SO WE'RE HERE IN VEGAS, HIGH
STAKES, THE CANDIDATES WILL PUT
IT ON THE TABLE TONIGHT.
THIS IS THE LAST TIME THAT
EITHER CANDIDATE GETS A BIG
NATIONAL AUDIENCE LIKE THIS.
AND SO THEY HAVE A POTENTIAL FOR
A GAME-CHANGER AND DONALD TRUMP
NEEDS A GAME-CHANGER.
HE FINDS HIMSELF BEHIND IN THE
POLLS.
THINK OF WHERE WE WERE WITH THE
FIRST DEBATE.
THE ONE YOU MODERATED.
HE HAD BROUGHT THIS TO BE A VERY
TIGHT RACE.
HE'S IN A DIFFERENT SITUATION
TONIGHT.
AND HE NEEDS TO TURN IT AROUND.
>> CHUCK, YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE
LONG GAME FOR REPUBLICANS.
>> IT IS.
THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT TRUMP
NEEDING A GOOD NIGHT.
IF YOU'RE ON THE BALLOT
UNDERNEATH DONALD TRUMP'S NAME,
YOU NEED HIM TO HAVE A GOOD
NIGHT.
I TALKED TO MANY REPUBLICAN
STRATEGISTS FOR THE HOUSE AND
THE SENATE CAMPAIGNS, THEY SAID
THE BOTTOM CAN FALL OUT AND THE
SPEAKER RYAN'S JOB CAN BE AT
STAKE.
>> TALK ABOUT CLINTON.
>> SHE NEEDS TO NOT TAKE THE
BAIT AND WE KNOW SHE'S NOT
RUNNING AS STRONG AMONG THE
MILLENNIALS.
SHE HAS TO BE PRESIDENTIAL.
>> LET'S CHECK OUT THE SPIN
ROOM.
WHAT ARE YOU HEARING, ANDREA
MITCHELL?
>> WELL, CLINTON DEBATE COACHES
ARE VERY POSITIVE IF ANYTHING I
THINK THEY HAVE PROBABLY
OVERCONFIDENCE.
THEY THINK IF THE DEBATE TURNS
TO SERIOUS ISSUES IT FAVORS HER.
IF HE SHOULD TURN IT INTO A
CIRCUS WITH STUNTS, THEY THINK
THAT SHE COULD LOOK MORE
SYMPATHETIC.
SO THAT'S THE WAY THEY SEE IT
FROM HERE. PODIUM AND CHRIS WAL
>> GOOD EVENING FROM THE THOMAS
AND MACK CENTER IN LAS VEGAS.
I'M CHRIS WALLACE OF FOX NEWS, I
WELCOME YOU TO THE THIRD AND THE
FINAL OF THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES BETWEEN SECRETARY OF
STATE HILLARY CLINTON AND DONALD
J. TRUMP.
THIS DEBATE IS SPONSORED BY THE
COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL
DEBATES.
THE COMMISSION HAS DESIGNED THE
FORMAT.
SIX ROUGHLY 15 MINUTE SEGMENTS
WITH TWO MINUTE ANSWERS TO THE
FIRST QUESTION.
THEN OPEN DISCUSSIONS FOR THE
REST OF EACH SEGMENT.
BOTH CAMPAIGNS HAVE AGREED TO
THE RULES.
FOR THE RECORD, I DECIDED THE
TOPICS AND THE QUESTIONS IN EACH
TOPIC.
NONE OF THOSE QUESTIONS HAS BEEN
SHARED WITH THE COMMISSION OR
THE TWO CANDIDATES.
THE AUDIENCE HERE IN THE HALL
HAS PROMISED TO REMAIN SILENT.
NO CHEERS, BOOS, OR OTHER
INTERRUPTIONS SO WE AND YOU CAN
FOCUS ON WHAT THE CANDIDATES
HAVE TO SAY.
NO NOISE EXCEPT RIGHT NOW, AS WE
WELCOME THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE
FOR PRESIDENT, SECRETARY CLINTON
AND THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR
PRESIDENT, MR. TRUMP.
SECRETARY CLINTON, MR. TRUMP,
WELCOME.
LET'S GET RIGHT TO IT.
THE FIRST TOPIC IS THE SUPREME
COURT.
WE -- YOU BOTH TALKED BRIEFLY
ABOUT THE COURT IN THE LAST
DEBATE BUT I WANT TO DRILL DOWN
ON THIS BECAUSE THE NEXT
PRESIDENT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY
HAVE AT LEAST ONE APPOINTMENT
AND LIKELY OR POSSIBLY TWO OR
THREE APPOINTMENTS, WHICH MEANS
THAT YOU WILL IN EFFECT
DETERMINE THE BALANCE OF THE
COURT FOR WHAT COULD BE THE NEXT
QUARTER CENTURY.
FIRST OF ALL, WHERE DO YOU WANT
TO SEE THE COURT TAKE THE
COUNTRY AND SECONDLY, WHAT'S
YOUR VIEW ON HOW THE
CONSTITUTION SHOULD BE
INTERPRETED?
DO THE FOUNDERS' WORDS MEAN WHAT
THEY SAY OR IS IT A LIVING
DOCUMENT TO BE APPLIED FLEXIBLY
ACCORDING TO CHANGING
CIRCUMSTANCES?
IN THIS SEGMENT, SECRETARY
CLINTON, YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES.
>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH, CHRIS.
THANKS TO UNLV FOR HOSTING US.
I THINK WHEN WE TALK ABOUT THE
SUPREME COURT IT REALLY RAISES
THE CENTRAL ISSUE IN THIS
ELECTION.
NAMELY WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY WE
GOING TO BE?
WHAT KIND OF OPPORTUNITIES WILL
WE PROVIDE FOR OUR CITIZENS,
WHAT KIND OF RIGHTS WILL
AMERICANS HAVE.
AND I FEEL STRONGLY THAT THE
SUPREME COURT NEEDS TO STAND ON
THE SIDE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
NOT ON THE SIDE OF THE POWERFUL
CORPORATIONS AND THE WEALTHY.
FOR ME, THAT MEANS THAT WE NEED
A SUPREME COURT THAT WILL STAND
UP ON BEHALF OF WOMEN'S RIGHTS,
ON BEHALF OF THE RIGHTS OF THE
LGBT COMMUNITY.
THAT WILL STAND UP AND SAY NO TO
CITIZENS UNITED, A DECISION THAT
HAS UNDERMINED THE ELECTION
SYSTEM IN OUR COUNTRY BECAUSE OF
THE WAY IT PERMITS DARK,
UNACCOUNTABLE MONEY TO COME IN
TO OUR ELECTORAL SYSTEM.
I HAVE MAJOR DISAGREES WITH MY
OPPONENT ABOUT THESE ISSUES AND
OTHERS THAT WILL BE BEFORE THE
SUPREME COURT.
BUT I FEEL THAT AT THIS POINT IN
OUR COUNTRY'S HISTORY, IT IS
IMPORTANT THAT WE NOT REVERSE
MARRIAGE EQUALITY, THAT WE NOT
REVERSE ROE VS. WADE.
THAT WE STAND UP AGAINST
CITIZENS UNITED.
WE STAND UP FOR THE RIGHTS OF
PEOPLE IN THE WORKPLACE THAT WE
STAND UP AND BASICALLY SAY THE
SUPREME COURT SHOULD REPRESENT
ALL OF US.
THAT'S HOW I SEE THE COURT AND
THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT I WOULD
BE LOOKING TO NOMINATE TO THE
COURT.
WOULD BE IN THE GREAT TRADITION
OF STANDING UP TO THE POWERFUL,
STANDING UP ON BEHALF OF OUR
RIGHTS AS AMERICANS.
AND I LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING
THAT OPPORTUNITY.
I WOULD HOPE THAT THE SENATE
WOULD DO ITS JOB AND CONFIRM THE
NOMINEE THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS
SENT TO THEM.
THAT'S THE WAY THE CONSTITUTION
FUNDAMENTALLY SHOULD OPERATE.
THE PRESIDENT NOMINATES AND THEN
THE SENATE ADVISES AND CONSENTS
OR NOT, BUT THEY GO FORWARD WITH
THE PROCESS.
>> SECRETARY CLINTON, THANK YOU.
MR. TRUMP, SAME QUESTION.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE
COURT TAKE THE COUNTRY AND HOW
DO YOU BELIEVE THE CONSTITUTION
SHOULD BE INTERPRETED?
>> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, IT'S
GREAT TO BE WITH YOU AND THANK
YOU, EVERYBODY.
THE SUPREME COURT IT'S WHAT IT'S
ALL ABOUT.
OUR COUNTRY IS SO, SO -- JUST SO
IMPERATIVE THAT WE HAVE THE
RIGHT JUSTICES.
SOMETHING HAPPENED RECENTLY
WHERE JUSTICE GINSBURG MADE SOME
VERY, VERY INAPPROPRIATE
STATEMENTS TOWARD ME AND TOWARD
A TREMENDOUS NUMBER OF PEOPLE,
MANY, MANY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE
THAT I REPRESENT.
AND SHE WAS FORCED TO APOLOGIZE,
AND APOLOGIZE SHE DID.
BUT THESE WERE STATEMENTS THAT
SHOULD NEVER EVER HAVE BEEN
MADE.
WE NEED A SUPREME COURT THAT IN
MY OPINION IS GOING TO UPHOLD
THE SECOND AMENDMENT AND ALL
AMENDMENTS BUT THE SECOND
AMENDMENT WHICH IS UNDER
ABSOLUTE SIEGE.
I BELIEVE IF MY OPPONENT SHOULD
WIN THIS RACE, WHICH I TRULY
DON'T THINK WILL HAPPEN, WE WILL
HAVE A SECOND AMENDMENT WHICH
WILL BE A VERY, VERY SMALL
REPLICA OF WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW.
BUT I FEEL THAT IT'S ABSOLUTELY
IMPORTANT THAT WE UPHOLD BECAUSE
OF THE FACT THAT IT IS UNDER
SUCH TRAUMA.
I FEEL THAT THE JUSTICES THAT I
AM GOING TO APPOINT -- I HAVE
NAMED 20 OF THEM, THE JUSTICES
THAT I'M GOING TO APPOINT WILL
BE PRO LIVE.
THEY WILL HAVE A CONSERVATIVE
BENT.
THEY WILL BE PROTECTING THE
SECOND AMENDMENT.
THEY ARE GREAT SCHOLARS IN ALL
CASES AND THEY'RE PEOPLE OF
TREMENDOUS RESPECT.
THEY WILL INTERPRET THE
CONSTITUTION THE WAY THE
FOUNDERS WANTED IT INTERPRETED.
AND I BELIEVE THAT'S VERY, VERY
IMPORTANT.
I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD HAVE
JUSTICES APPOINTED THAT DECIDE
WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION
OF -- AND SO IMPORTANT, THE
CONSTITUTION THE WAY IT WAS
MEANT TO BE.
AND THOSE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT I
WILL APPOINT.
>> MR. TRUMP, THANK YOU.
WE NOW HAVE ABOUT TEN MINUTES
FOR AN OPEN DISCUSSION.
I WANT TO FOCUS ON TWO ISSUES
THAT IN FACT BY THE JUSTICES
THAT YOU NAME COULD END UP
CHANGING THE EXISTING LAW OF THE
LAND.
FIRST IS ONE THAT YOU MENTIONED,
MR. TRUMP, GUNS.
SECRETARY CLINTON YOU SAID LAST
YEAR, LET ME QUOTE, THE SUPREME
COURT IS WRONG ON THE SECOND
AMENDMENT.
NOW IN FACT IN THE 2008 HELLER
CASE THE COURT RULED THERE'S A
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO BEAR
ARMS BUT A RIGHT THAT IS
REASONABLY LIMITED.
THOSE WERE THE WORDS OF THE
JUDGE ANTONIN SCALIA WHO WROTE
THE DECISION.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?
>> WELL, FIRST OF ALL, I SUPPORT
THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
I LIVED IN ARKANSAS FOR 18
WONDERFUL YEARS.
I REPRESENTED UPSTATE NEW YORK.
I UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT THE
TRADITION OF GUN OWNERSHIP.
IT GOES BACK TO THE FOUNDING OF
OUR COUNTRY.
BUT I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THERE
CAN BE AND MUST BE REASONABLE
REGULATION.
BECAUSE I SUPPORT THE SECOND
AMENDMENT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I
WANT PEOPLE WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE
GUNS TO BE ABLE TO THREATEN YOU,
KILL YOU OR MEMBERS OF YOUR
FAMILY.
AND SO WHEN I THINK ABOUT WHAT
WE NEED TO DO, WE HAVE 33,000
PEOPLE A YEAR WHO DIE FROM GUNS.
I THINK WE NEED COMPREHENSIVE
BACKGROUND CHECKS, NEED TO CLOSE
THE ONLINE LOOP HOOL.
CLOSE THE GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE.
THE KIND OF REFORMS THAT WOULD
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THAT ARE NOT
IN ANY WAY CONFLICTING WITH THE
SECOND AMENDMENT.
YOU MENTIONED THE HELLER
DECISION.
WHAT I WAS SAYING THAT YOU
REFERENCED, CHRIS, WAS THAT I
DISAGREED WITH THE WAY THAT THE
COURT APPLIED THE SECOND
AMENDMENT IN THAT CASE.
BECAUSE WHAT THE DISTRICT OF
COLUMBIA WAS TRYING TO DO WAS TO
PROTECT TODDLERS FROM GUNS.
AND SO THEY WANTED PEOPLE WITH
GUNS TO SAFELY STORE THEM.
AND THE COURT DIDN'T ACCEPT THAT
REASONABLE REGULATION, BUT THEY
HAVE ACCEPTED MANY OTHERS.
SO I SEE NO CONFLICT BETWEEN
SAVING PEOPLE'S LIVES AND
DEFENDING THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
>> LET ME BRING MR. TRUMP IN
HERE.
THE BIPARTISAN OPEN DEBATE
COALITION GOT MILLIONS OF VOTES
ON QUESTIONS TO ASK HERE, AND
THIS WAS IN FACT ONE OF THE TOP
QUESTIONS THAT THEY GOT.
HOW WILL YOU ENSURE THE SECOND
AMENDMENT IS PROTECTED?
YOU JUST HEARD SECRETARY
CLINTON'S ANSWER.
DOES SHE PERSUADE YOU THAT WHILE
YOU MAY DISAGREE ON REGULATION,
THAT IN FACT SHE SUPPORTS A
SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO BEAR
ARMS?
>> WELL, THE D.C. VERSUS HELLER
DECISION WAS VERY STRONGLY AND
SHE WAS EXTREMELY ANGRY ABOUT
IT.
I WATCHED.
SHE WAS VERY, VERY ANGRY WHEN
UPHELD AND JUSTICE SCALIA WAS SO
INVOLVED.
IT WAS A WELL-CRAFTED DECISION.
BUT HILLARY WAS EXTREMELY UPSET.
EXTREMELY ANGRY AND PEOPLE THAT
BELIEVE IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT
AND BELIEVE IN IT VERY STRONGLY
WERE VERY UPSET WITH WHAT SHE
HAD TO SAY.
>> WELL, LET ME BRING IN
SECRETARY CLINTON, WERE YOU
EXTREMELY UPSET?
>> WELL, I WAS UPSET BECAUSE
UNFORTUNATELY, DOZENS OF
TODDLERS INJURE THEMSELVES, EVEN
KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS BECAUSE
UNFORTUNATELY, NOT EVERYONE WHO
HAS LOADED GUNS IN THEIR HOMES
TAKES APPROPRIATE PRECAUTIONS.
BUT THERE'S NO DOUBT THAT I
RESPECT THE SECOND AMENDMENT,
THAT I ALSO BELIEVE THERE'S AN
INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO BEAR
ARRANGES.
THAT NOT IN CONFLICT WITH
SENSIBLE, COMMON SENSE
REGULATION AND, YOU KNOW, LOOK,
I UNDERSTAND THAT DONALD'S BEEN
STRONGLY SUPPORTED BY THE NRA,
THE GUN LOBBY'S ON HIS SIDE.
THEY'RE RUNNING MILLION OF
DOLLARS OF ADS AGAINST ME AND I
REGRET THAT WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO
SEE IS FOR PEOPLE TO COME
TOGETHER AND SAY, OF COURSE
WE'RE GOING TO PROTECT AND
DEFEND THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
BUT WE'RE GOING TO DO IT IN A
WAY THAT TRIES TO SAVE SOME OF
THESE 33,000 LIVES THAT WE LOSE
EVERY YEAR.
>> LET ME BRING MR. TRUMP BACK
INTO THIS.
IN FACT, YOU OPPOSE ANY LIMITS
ON ASSAULT RIFLES, IN LIMITS ON
HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES.
YOU SUPPORT A NATIONAL RIGHT TO
CARRY LAW.
WHY, SIR?
>> WELL, LET ME JUST TELL YOU
BEFORE WE GO ANY FURTHER IN
CHICAGO, WHICH HAS THE TOUGHEST
GUN LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES
PROBABLY YOU COULD SAY BY FAR,
THEY HAVE MORE GUN VIOLENCE THAN
ANY OTHER CITY.
SO WE HAVE THE TOUGHEST LAWS,
AND YOU HAVE TREMENDOUS GUN
VIOLENCE.
I AM A VERY STRONG SUPPORTER OF
THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
I DON'T KNOW IF HILLARY WAS
SAYING IT IN A SARCASTIC MANNER,
BUT I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE
ENDORSEMENT OF THE NRA AND IT'S
THE EARLIEST ENDORSEMENT THEY
EVER GAVE TO ANYBODY RUNNING FOR
PRESIDENT.
WE ARE GOING TO APPOINT
JUSTICES -- THIS IS THE BEST WAY
TO HELP THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
WE ARE GOING TO APPOINT JUSTICES
THAT WILL FEEL VERY STRONGLY
ABOUT THE SECOND AMENDMENT.
THAT WILL NOT DO DAMAGE TO THE
SECOND AMENDMENT.
>> WELL, LET'S PICK UP ON
ANOTHER ISSUE WHICH DIVIDES YOU
AND THE JUSTICES THAT WHOEVER
ENDS UP WINNING THIS ELECTION
APPOINTS COULD HAVE A DRAMATIC
EFFECT THERE AND THAT'S THE
ISSUE OF ABORTION.
>> RIGHT.
>> MR. TRUMP, YOU'RE PRO-LIFE.
I WANT TO ASK YOU SPECIFICALLY,
DO YOU WANT THE COURT AND
INCLUDING THE JUSTICES THAT YOU
WILL NAME TO OVERTURN ROE VS.
WADE WHICH INCLUDES IN FACT
STATES A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO
ABORTION?
>> WELL, IF THAT WOULD HAPPEN,
BECAUSE I AM PRO LIFE, I WILL BE
APPOINTING PRO LIFE JUDGES, I
WOULD THINK THAT THAT WILL GO
BACK TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES.
>> BUT I'M ASKING YOU
SPECIFICALLY, WOULD YOU --
>> IF THEY OVERTURNED IT WILL GO
BACK TO THE INDIVIDUAL STATES.
>> DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE COURT
TO OVERTURN -- YOU WANT TO SEE
THE COURT PROTECT THE SECOND
AMENDMENT.
DO YOU WANT THE COURT TO
OVERTURN ROE VS. WADE?
>> IF WE PUT ANOTHER TWO OR
THREE JUSTICE ON THAT'S GOING --
THAT'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
AND THAT'LL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY
IN MY OPINION BECAUSE I AM
PUTTING PRO LIFE JUSTICES ON THE
COURT.
I WILL SAY THIS.
IT WILL GO BACK TO THE STATES
AND THE STATES WILL THEN MAKE A
DETERMINATION.
>> SECRETARY CLINTON?
>> WELL, I STRONGLY SUPPORT ROE
VS. WADE, WHICH GUARANTEES A
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO A WOMAN
TO MAKE THE MOST INTIMATE, MOST
DIFFICULT IN MANY CASES
DECISIONS ABOUT HER HEALTH CARE
THAT ONE CAN IMAGINE.
AND IN THIS CASE, IT'S NOT ONLY
ABOUT ROE VS. WADE.
IT IS ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING
RIGHT NOW IN AMERICA.
SO MANY STATES ARE PUTTING VERY
STRINGENT REGULATIONS ON WOMEN
THAT BLOCK THEM FROM EXERCISING
THAT CHOICE TO THE EXTENT THAT
THEY ARE DEFUNDING PLANNED
PARENTHOOD.
WHICH OF COURSE PROVIDES ALL
KINDS OF CANCER SCREENINGS AND
OTHER BENEFITS FOR WOMEN IN OUR
COUNTRY.
DONALD HAS SAID HE'S IN FAVOR OF
DEFUNDING PLANNED PARENTHOOD AND
HE SUPPORTED SHUTTING THE
GOVERNMENT DOWN TO DEFUND
PLANNED PARENTHOOD.
I WILL DEFEND PLANNED
PARENTHOOD.
I WILL DEFEND ROE VS. WADE AND I
WILL DEFEND WOMEN'S RIGHTS TO
MAKE THEIR OWN HEALTH CARE
DECISIONS AND WE HAVE COME TOO
FAR TO HAVE THAT TURNED BACK NOW
AND INDEED, HE SAID WOMEN SHOULD
BE PUNISHED.
THAT THERE SHOULD BE SOME FORM
OF PUNISHMENT FOR WOMEN WHO
OBTAIN ABORTIONS AND I COULD
JUST NOT BE MORE OPPOSED TO THAT
KIND OF THINKING.
>> I'M GOING TO GIVE YOU A
CHANCE TO RESPOND, BUT I WANT TO
ASK YOU, SECRETARY CLINTON, I
WANT TO EXPLORE HOW FAR YOU
BELIEVE THE RIGHT TO ABORTION
GOES.
YOU HAVE BEEN QUOTED AS SAYING
THAT THE FETUS HAS NO
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.
YOU ALSO VOTED AGAINST A BAN ON
LATE-TERM PARTIAL BIRTH
ABORTIONS.
WHY?
>> BECAUSE ROE VS. WADE VERY
CLEARLY SETS OUT THAT THERE CAN
BE REGULATIONS ON ABORTION SO
LONG AS THE LIFE AND THE HEALTH
OF THE MOTHER ARE TAKEN INTO
ACCOUNT.
AND WHEN I VOTED AS A SENATOR, I
DID NOT THINK THAT THAT WAS THE
CASE.
THE KINDS OF CASES THAT FALL AT
THE END OF PREGNANCY ARE OFTEN
THE MOST HEART BREAKING, PAINFUL
DECISIONS FOR FAMILIES TO MAKE.
I HAVE MET WITH WOMEN WHO TOWARD
THE END OF THEIR PREGNANCY GET
THE WORST NEWS ONE COULD GET.
THAT THEIR HEALTH IS IN JEOPARDY
IF THEY CONTINUE TO CARRY TO
TERM OR THAT SOMETHING TERRIBLE
HAS HAPPENED OR JUST BEEN
DISCOVERED ABOUT THE PREGNANCY.
I DO NOT THINK THE UNITED STATES
GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE STEPPING IN
AND MAKING THOSE MOST PERSONAL
OF DECISIONS.
SO YOU CAN REGULATE IF YOU ARE
DOING SO WITH THE LIFE AND THE
HEALTH OF THE MOTHER TAKEN INTO
ACCOUNT.
>> MR. TRUMP, YOUR REACTION, AND
PARTICULARLY ON THIS ISSUE OF
LATE TERM PARTIAL BIRTH
ABORTIONS.
>> I THINK IT'S TERRIBLE IF YOU
DO WITH WHAT HILLARY IS SAYING,
IN THE NINTH MONTH YOU CAN TAKE
THE BABY AND RIP THE BABY OUT OF
THE WOMB OF THE MOTHER.
JUST PRIOR TO THE BIRTH OF THE
BABY.
NOW, YOU CAN SAY THAT THAT'S
OKAY.
AND HILLARY CAN SAY THAT THAT'S
OKAY.
BUT IT'S NOT OKAY WITH ME.
BECAUSE BASED ON WHAT SHE IS
SAYING AND BASED ON WHERE SHE'S
GOING AND WHERE SHE'S BEEN, YOU
CAN TAKE THE BABY AND RIP THE
BABY OUT OF THE WOMB.
IN THE NINTH MONTH.
ON THE FINAL DAY.
AND THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE.
>> WELL, THAT IS NOT WHAT
HAPPENS IN THESE CASES AND USING
THAT KIND OF SCARE RHETORIC IS
JUST TERRIBLY UNFORTUNATE.
YOU SHOULD MEET WITH SOME OF THE
WOMEN THAT I HAVE MET WITH.
WOMEN I HAVE KNOWN OVER THE
COURSE OF MY LIFE.
THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST
POSSIBLE CHOICES THAT ANY WOMAN
AND HER FAMILY HAS TO MAKE.
AND I DO NOT BELIEVE THE
GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE MAKING IT.
YOU KNOW, I HAVE HAD THE GREAT
HONOR OF TRAVELING ACROSS THE
WORLD ON BEHALF OF OUR COUNTRY.
I HAVE BEEN TO COUNTRIES WHERE
GOVERNMENTS EITHER FORCED WOMEN
TO HAVE ABORTIONS LIKE THEY USED
TO DO IN CHINA.
OR FORCED WOMEN TO BEAR CHILDREN
LIKE THEY USED TO DO IN ROMANIA.
AND I CAN TELL YOU THE
GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS IN
THAT DECISION -- IN THE
DECISIONS THAT WOMEN MAKE WITH
THEIR FAMILIES IN ACCORDANCE
WITH THEIR FAITH, WITH MEDICAL
ADVICE.
I WILL STAND UP FOR THAT RIGHT.
>> ALL RIGHT.
JUST BRIEFLY, I WANT TO MOVE
ON --
>> HONESTLY, NOBODY HAS BUSINESS
DOING WHAT I JUST SAID, DOING
THAT AS LATE AS ONE OR TWO OR
THREE OR FOUR DAYS PRIOR TO
BIRTH.
NOBODY HAS THAT.
>> ALL RIGHT.
LET'S MOVE ON TO THE SUBJECT OF
IMMIGRATION.
AND THERE IS ALMOST NO ISSUE
THAT SEPARATES THE TWO OF YOU
MORE THAN THE ISSUE OF
IMMIGRATION.
ACTUALLY, THERE ARE A LOT OF
ISSUES THAT SEPARATE THE TWO OF
YOU.
MR. TRUMP, YOU WANT TO BUILD A
WALL.
SECRETARY CLINTON, YOU HAVE
OFFERED NO SPECIFIC PLAN FOR HOW
YOU WANT TO SECURE OUR SOUTHERN
BORDER.
MR. TRUMP, YOU ARE CALLING FOR
MAJOR DEPORTATIONS.
SECRETARY CLINTON, YOU SAY THAT
WITHIN YOUR FIRST 100 DAYS OF
PRESIDENT YOU'RE GOING TO OFFER
A PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES A
PATHWAY TO CITIZENSHIP.
THE QUESTION REALLY IS WHY ARE
YOU RIGHT AND YOUR OPPONENT
WRONG?
MR. TRUMP, YOU GO FIRST IN THIS
SEGMENT.
YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES.
>> SHE WANTS TO GIVE AMNESTY
WHICH IS DISASTER AND VERY
UNFAIR TO THOSE WAITING IN LINE
FOR MANY YEARS.
WE NEED STRONG BORDERS.
WE HAVE FOUR MOTHERS IN THE
AUDIENCE TONIGHT -- I MEAN,
THESE ARE UNBELIEVABLE PEOPLE
THAT I HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW OVER
A PERIOD OF YEARS WHOSE CHILDREN
HAVE BEEN KILLED, BRUTALLY
KILLED BY PEOPLE THAT CAME INTO
THE COUNTRY ILLEGALLY.
YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF MOTHERS
AND FATHERS AND RELATIVES ALL
OVER THE COUNTRY, THEY'RE COMING
IN ILLEGALLY.
DRUGS ARE POURING IN THROUGH THE
BORDER.
WE HAVE NO COUNTRY IF WE HAVE NO
BORDER.
HILLARY WANTS TO GIVE AMNESTY.
SHE WANTS TO HAVE OPEN BORDERS.
THE BORDERS -- THE BORDER PATROL
AGENT, 16,500 PLUS I.C.E. LAST
WEEK, ENDORSED ME.
FIRST TIME THEY EVER ENDORSED A
CANDIDATE.
IT MEANS THEIR JOB IS TOUGHER
BUT THEY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON.
THEY KNOW IT BETTER THAN
ANYBODY.
THEY WANT STRONG BORDERS.
THEY FEEL WE HAVE TO HAVE STRONG
BORDERS.
I WAS UP IN NEW HAMPSHIRE THE
OTHER DAY, THE BIGGEST COMPLAINT
THEY HAVE -- IT'S WITH ALL OF
THE PROBLEMS GOING ON IN THE
WORLD, MANY OF THE PROBLEMS
CAUSED BY HILLARY CLINTON AND BY
BARACK OBAMA.
ALL OF THE PROBLEMS SINGLE
BIGGEST PROBLEM IS HEROIN THAT
POURS ACROSS OUR SOUTHERN BORDER
AND IT'S DESTROYING THEIR YOUTH.
POISONING THE BLOOD OF THEIR
YOUTH AND PLENTY OF OTHER
PEOPLE.
WE HAVE TO HAVE STRONG BORDERS.
WE HAVE TO KEEP THE DRUGS OUT OF
OUR COUNTRY.
WE ARE -- RIGHT NOW WE'RE
GETTING THE DRUGS, THEY'RE
GETTING THE CASH.
WE NEED STRONG BORDERS.
WE NEED ABSOLUTE -- WE CANNOT
GIVE AMNESTY.
NOW, I WANT TO BUILD THE WALL.
WE NEED THE WALL.
AND THE BORDER PATROL, I.C.E.,
THEY ALL WANT THE WALL.
WE STOP THE DRUGS, WE SHORE UP
THE BORDER.
ONE OF MY FIRST ACTS WILL BE TO
GET ALL OF THE DRUG LORDS, ALL
OF THE BAD ONES, WE HAVE BAD,
BAD PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT
HAVE TO GO OUT.
WE'RE GOING TO GET THEM OUT,
WE'RE GOING TO SECURE THE
BORDER.
AND ONCE THE BORDER IS SECURED
AT A LATER DATE WE'LL MAKE A
DETERMINATION AS TO THE REST.
BUT WE HAVE SOME BAD HOMBRES
HERE AND WE'RE GOING TO GET THEM
OUT.
>> MR. TRUMP, THANK YOU.
SAME QUESTION TO YOU, SECRETARY
CLINTON.
BASICALLY, WHY ARE YOU RIGHT,
MR. TRUMP IS WRONG?
>> WELL, AS HE WAS TALKING I WAS
THINKING ABOUT A YOUNG GIRL I
MET HERE IN LAS VEGAS, CARLA,
WHO IS VERY WORRIED THAT HER
PARENTS MIGHT BE DEPORTED
BECAUSE SHE WAS BORN IN THIS
COUNTRY.
BUT THEY WERE NOT.
THEY WORK HARD, THEY DO
EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO GIVE HER
A GOOD LIFE.
AND YOU'RE RIGHT.
I DON'T WANT TO RIP FAMILIES
APART.
I DON'T WANT TO BE SENDING
PARENTS AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE
DEPORTATION FORCE THAT DONALD
HAS TALKED ABOUT IN ACTION IN
OUR COUNTRY.
WE HAVE 11 MILLION UNDOCUMENTED
PEOPLE.
THEY HAVE 4 MILLION AMERICAN
CITIZEN CHILDREN.
15 MILLION PEOPLE.
HE SAID AS RECENTLY AS A FEW
WEEKS AGO IN PHOENIX THAT EVERY
UNDOCUMENTED PERSON WOULD BE
SUBJECT TO DEPORTATION.
NOW, HERE'S WHAT THAT MEANS.
IT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE TO HAVE
A MASSIVE LAW ENFORCEMENT
PRESENCE WHERE LAW ENFORCEMENT
OFFICERS WOULD BE GOING SCHOOL
TO SCHOOL, HOME TO HOME,
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS, ROUNDING
UP PEOPLE WHO ARE UNDOCUMENTED.
AND WE WOULD THEN HAVE TO PUT
THEM ON TRAINS, ON BUSES TO GET
THEM OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.
I THINK THAT IS AN IDEA THAT IS
NOT IN KEEPING WITH WHO WE ARE
AS A NATION.
I THINK IT'S AN IDEA THAT WOULD
RIP OUR COUNTRY APART.
I HAVE BEEN FOR BORDER SECURITY
FOR YEARS.
I VOTED FOR BORDER SECURITY IN
THE UNITED STATES SENATE.
AND MY COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION
REFORM PLAN OF COURSE INCLUDES
BORDER SECURITY.
BUT I WANT TO PUT OUR RESOURCES
WHERE I THINK THEY'RE MOST
NEEDED.
GETTING RID OF ANY VIOLENT
PERSON, ANYBODY WHO SHOULD BE
DEPORTED, WE SHOULD DEPORT THEM.
WHEN IT COMES TO THE WALL THAT
DONALD TALKS ABOUT BUILDING HE
WENT TO MEXICO, HE HAD A MEETING
WITH THE MEXICAN PRESIDENT.
DIDN'T EVEN RAISE IT.
HE CHOKED.
AND THEN GOT INTO A TWITTER WAR
BECAUSE THE MEXICAN PRESIDENT
SAID WE'RE NOT PAYING FOR THAT
WALL.
SO I THINK WE ARE BOTH A NATION
OF IMMIGRANTS AND WE ARE A
NATION OF LAWS AND THAT WE CAN
ACT ACCORDINGLY AND THAT'S WHY
I'M INTRODUCING COMPREHENSIVE
IMMIGRATION REFORM WITHIN THE
FIRST 100 DAYS WITH THE PATH TO
CITIZENSHIP.
>> THANK YOU, SECRETARY CLINTON.
I WANT TO FOLLOW --
>> CHRIS, I THINK IT'S -- I
THINK I SHOULD RESPOND TO THAT
FIRST OF ALL, I HAD A VERY GOOD
MEETING WITH THE PRESIDENT OF
MEXICO.
VERY NICE MAN.
WE WILL BE DOING VERY MUCH
BETTER WITH MEXICO ON TRADE
DEAL.
THE NAFTA DEALS SIGNED BY HER
HUSBAND IS ONE OF THE WORST OF
ANY KIND, SIGNED BY ANYBODY,
IT'S A DISASTER.
HILLARY CLINTON WANTED THE WALL.
HILLARY CLINTON FOUGHT FOR THE
WALL IN 2006.
OR THEREABOUTS.
NOW, SHE NEVER GETS ANYTHING
DONE SO NATURALLY THE WALL
WASN'T BUILT, BUT HILLARY
CLINTON WANTED THE WALL.
>> WELL, LET ME -- SIR --
>> WE ARE A COUNTRY OF LAWS.
BY THE WAY --
>> NO, WAIT, I WANT TO HEAR
FROM -- I'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM
SECRETARY CLINTON.
>> I VOTED FOR BORDER SECURITY
AND THERE ARE --
>> AND THE WALL.
>> THERE ARE SOME LIMITED PLACES
WHERE THAT WAS APPROPRIATE.
THERE'S ALSO NECESSARILY GOING
TO BE NEW TECHNOLOGY AND HOW
BEST TO DEPLOY THAT.
BUT IT IS CLEAR WHEN YOU LOOK AT
WHAT DONALD HAS BEEN PROPOSING,
HE STARTED HIS CAMPAIGN BASHING
IMMIGRANTS.
CALLING MEXICAN IMMIGRANTS
RAPISTS CRIMINALS AND DRUG
DEALERS, THAT HE HAS A VERY
DIFFERENT VIEW ABOUT WHAT WE
SHOULD DO TO DEAL WITH
IMMIGRANTS.
NOW, WHAT I AM ALSO ARGUING IS
THAT BRINGING UNDOCUMENTED
IMMIGRANTS OUT FROM THE SHADOWS,
PUTTING THEM INTO THE FORMAL
ECONOMY WILL BE GOOD BECAUSE
THEN EMPLOYERS CAN'T EXPLOIT
THEM AND UNDERCUT AMERICANS'
WAGES.
DONALD USED UNDOCUMENTED LABOR
TO BUILD THE TRUMP TOWERMENT HE
UNDERPAID WORKERS AND WHEN THEY
COMPLAIN HE BASICALLY SAID YOU
COMPLAIN, I'LL GET YOU DEPORTED.
I WANT TO GET EVERYBODY OUT OF
THE SHADOWS.
GET THE ECONOMY WORKING.
AND NOT LET EMPLOYERS LIKE
DONALD EXPLOIT UNDOCUMENTED
WORKERS WHICH HURTS THEM, BUT
ALSO HURTS AMERICAN WORKERS.
>> MR. TRUMP?
>> PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS MOVED
MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT.
NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT, NOBODY
TALKS ABOUT IT, BUT UNDER OBAMA
MILLIONS HAVE BEEN MOVED OUT OF
THIS COUNTRY, HAS BEEN DEPORTED.
SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SAY THAT,
BUT THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, AND
THAT'S HAPPENED BIG LEAGUE.
AS FAR AS MOVING THESE PEOPLE
OUT AND MOVING WE -- WE EITHER
HAVE A COUNTRY OR WE DON'T.
WE'RE A COUNTRY OF LAWS.
WE EITHER HAVE A BORDER OR WE
DON'T.
YOU CAN COME BACK IN AND YOU CAN
BECOME A CITIZEN.
BUT IT'S UNFAIR.