字幕表 動画を再生する 英語字幕をプリント More than one and a half billion people use the internet every day, and they search for just about everything you can imagine. We’re all about that curiosity here at SciShow. Which is why we’ve worked with Google and YouTube to answer ten of the most popular questions searched for on the internet. This is The World’s Most Asked Questions. Today’s question is apparently on a lot of people's minds: How much water do should I drink a day? Well, it’s helpful to keep in mind that you basically ARE water -- it’s your body’s principal chemical component. The average adult is made up of about 65% bodily fluid. And you are that way, because pretty much all of your body’s major systems depend on water to function. Water regulates your body temperature and dissolves minerals and nutrients, and helps carry oxygen to your cells. Your body is what scientists call an aqueous solution - all the chemical reactions that happen inside of you that make you you happen in water. But still, exactly how much you need depends on who you are, and what you’re up to. Your age and weight and diet and level of activity, and even what kind of climate you live in, all affect your hydration requirements. If you’re running marathons in August, for example, you’re obviously going to need a lot more water than if you’re reading on the couch all day. But, OK, you’re looking for a number. I get that. You probably heard a lot of them, so you're asking Google. And the guideline you’ve probably heard is that you should drink eight, 8-ounce glasses, or about 1.9 liters of water per day. And no one’s really sure where that advice came from -- even though everyone, up to and including doctors, has repeated it. But according to the Institute of Medicine, the average woman should consume 2.7 liters -- that’s 91 ounces -- of water a day, and men 3.7 liters, or 125 ounces a day. Now, they point out that you actually get about 20% of your daily water intake from the food you eat -- more than that if you’re eating a lot of fruit and vegetables -- but still, the so-called “eight by eight” approach might not be enough to supply the other 80% In the end, it’s best to use your common sense, and listen to your body. It’s a good idea to keep your eye on your pee -- you want it to be a light yellow color -- but really, just drink when you’re thirsty, and don’t overthink it. Really, don't overthink it. According to the results of our non-scientific SciShow survey, 67% of you drink three or more glasses of water per day, but those of you who said you have no idea what you're doing here on earth are more dehydrated than the rest of the people. So maybe just relax, drink a glass of water. You'll figure it out. Of all the fascinating questions in the world, what question do you want answered most? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter or in the comments below and we will answer the best questions in a new video at the end of the month. And don’t forget to use the hashtag #WMAQ and watch the other videos this week.