字幕表 動画を再生する 英語字幕をプリント And now a cautionary tale for all of us with dogs. Think twice before you let them swim in a lake or pond. The family you're about to meet, took their Husky swimming in a pond. And now that dog is dead because of toxic algae. A 10 year old boy and his dog take a dip on a hot holiday weekend. The picture of pure summer joy. But 20 minutes after this video was taken at Zion National Park in Utah, July 4th weekend, the boy and his mom were in shock. Their beloved Husky puppy named Kiana was dead. She started seizing, her whole head and body was shaking. She had no control over anything in her body. Something came over Kiana after she got out of the water. Within about a minute, she got a little frantic, front paws bent underneath her and she was trying to walk with them, but they wouldn't work. That was very alarming for me. They ran to get help, but it was too late. The puppy that young Francis got as a birthday present just months before ... We have a new member of the family. ... was now lying lifeless on a table in a veterinarian's office. She passed away in my arms. Dr. Jeff Werber says the dog swallowed toxic algae, which blooms this time of year. There's a bacterium called a cyanobacteria, which is a severe neurotoxin. And it's amazing how fast it can work. It does, it kills a dog within an hour or two. It's not an isolated incident. Last summer, these three women lost their dogs to toxic algae at a lake in Texas. And when a dog is in a body of water and swimming and having fun, doing the dog paddle per se, chasing the ball, they are ingesting a lot of water in the process. Whereas when we swim, we know not to. Experts also say: "If you think your pet has been swimming in algae, make sure to rinse them off, just in case they start licking their fur."