to be ok with how things are going.
"you want a piece?"
"no man, im straight"
2. used to describe a person who does not participate in "dangerous" activity such as drugs, alchohol, sex or criminal activity. A good girl/guy.
3. to tell it straight - to tell the truth
4. see [straight up]
1. Did you see how he reacted to that guy coming on to him? He is so straight.
2. Sally is so straight, she never breaks any rules.
3. "You being straight?"
"Seriously, it really happened."
There are multiple meanings for straight-
1. Traditional meaning: Without a bend or curve, evenly formed or set, not crooked.
2. Traditional meaning: Figurative; a) frank, honest, upright, b) right, correct
3. Traditional meaning: in proper order (numeric, chronologic, alphabetic, etc...),
4. Traditional meaning: without interruption or break; continuous, in an unbroken series, without reservations or exceptions,
5. Traditional meaning: unmixed, undiluted (reference to alcohol, or other substances, without qualification, unmodified,
6. Traditional meaning: showing no emotion or humor, serious rather than comic, natural rather than eccentric,
7. Traditional meaning: reliable, sure, authoritative,
8. Traditional meaning: behaving in a conventional manner, holding orthodox views, conventional, standard, normal,
9. Traditional meaning: made up of a set of five cards, as in poker,
10. Slang: term used in agreement, approval,
11. Slang: term used to qualify one's sexual preference,
12. Slang: term used to denote the validity of a statement or claim,
13. Slang: term used to describe a manner of frank communication, i.e.- straight talk,
14. Slang: term used to determine level of understanding, agreement, or otherwise mutual understanding and agreement
Traditionally the word Straight referenced the quality of an object posessing no bends, curves, or twists.
Today the word Straight refers to myriad categories including heterosexuality, commonality of opinion, earnest communication, and level of comprehension.
Adj-Phrase, I'm alright, No thanks, no thank you
"You want to hit this" "Naw son, i'm straight"
Can be used as an adverb or adjective to signify emphasis.
1. That movie was so funny it had us straight ROLLIN'.
2. He wouldn't keep his mouth shut so they straight whooped his ass and cut out.
3. Damn, that girl was straight hideous.
1) A heterosexual person.
2) A word used to decribe a line that has no curves.
3) Not on drugs.
1) Are you gay? Naw, I'm straight.
2) That line is straight.
3) You on crack? No, I'm straight.
corey is gay, brandon is straight
Meaning something is "okay" or "cool".
Naw man thats straight.
All set, good to go, [pearl]
You okay man? You got hit kinda hard there.
Yeah, i'm straight