Placeholder Image

字幕表 動画を再生する

  • Let’s talk about eggs, baby. Let’s talk about 2 or 3, let’s talk about all the good

  • eggs and the bad eggs, and the ones in between. Let’s talk about eggs!

  • Hey everybody, this is Matt Lieberman filling in for DNews. I love eggs.

  • Theyre kind of the perfect food. Theyre easy to prepare, theyre delicious, and

  • theyre packed with protein. However, a debate has raged for years about whether or

  • not the yolks, which contain 186 milligrams of dietary cholesterol, are harmful to your

  • body. And those fears are justifiable. LDL, or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, puts

  • your body at risk for heart disease and lowers fertility rates at high levels. However, HDL,

  • or High Density Lipoprotein cholesterol, is vital to a healthy body. Did you know that

  • cholesterol is an important structural element in the membrane of every last one of your

  • cells, and also helps create steroid hormones like testosterone and estrogen? In fact, cholesterol

  • is so vital to human existence that your liver produces it on a regular basis.

  • Actually, when you consume dietary cholesterol, you aren’t adding cholesterol to your body

  • by a large margin. Your liver detects the change in cholesterol intake and lowers production

  • accordingly to keep your body on an even keel. Now, the long-prevailing opinion of doctors

  • is that adults should consume under 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day, and 2-6 egg yolks a

  • week. However, there is abundant scientific evidence that these limits are largely unwarranted,

  • and that it is dietary fat, not cholesterol, that raises LDL levels. In several studies,

  • large groups of people are split in half. One half eats 1-3 whole eggs each day, and

  • the other eats an egg substitute such as egg beaters. Over a period of months, egg eaters

  • saw their good HDL cholesterol levels climb, while bad LDL levels remained stagnant in

  • 70% of participants. The remaining 30% saw slight increases, but nothing drastic. Also,

  • those that ate pasture-raised eggs enriched with omega 3 fatty acids saw drops in triglycerides,

  • a major risk factor for heart disease, and all egg-eaters saw significant increases in

  • antioxidants such as Lutein in their blood.

  • Now it is important to point out that these studies were all conducted on participants

  • eating no more than three eggs a day, so I can’t say with any certainty what would

  • happen to you if you ate more than three daily. However, egg yolks are packed with vitamins

  • and nutrients. Vitamin A, B2, B5, B12, selenium, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, manganese,

  • folate, the list goes on! They also contain choline, an important nutrient that the body

  • requires to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. According to a 2004 US dietary survey, 90%

  • of Americans do not consume their recommended amount of choline. Eggs also deliver a fat

  • shot of protein that has an amazing amino acid profile, including 9 essential aminos

  • that cannot be produced by the human body and MUST be gotten from diet.

  • So, people, in closing, your friend who read that thing, and then that other thing, and

  • that other thing about how eggs were good and bad and good and bad again, tell them

  • to go suck an egg, or two or three. Theyll feel a lot better.

  • So do you feel more confident consuming whole eggs, or are you still concerned about cholesterol?

  • Let us know in the comments below. I’m Matt Lieberman filling in for DNews. You can find

  • more of my videos over at Sourcefed. Please like the video and subscribe to the channel.

  • Thanks for watching.

Let’s talk about eggs, baby. Let’s talk about 2 or 3, let’s talk about all the good

字幕と単語

ワンタップで英和辞典検索 単語をクリックすると、意味が表示されます

B2 中上級

卵は完璧な食べ物なのか? (Are Eggs The Perfect Food?)

  • 259 27
    SylviaQQ に公開 2021 年 01 月 14 日
動画の中の単語